I wrote “Fast Feedback Using Ruby” using LeanPub. The original version was published back in 2015. Since I’m updating it to cover the most recent (at the time of this writing) Ruby 2.7 and RubyGem versions. I figured, it’s a good idea to leave a trace of my workflow and setup. 🙂
My workflow look like this:
- Edit Text (or image) file
- Save file to local disk
- Commit to local Git repository
- Push to GitHub
- Generate preview PDF on LeanPub using a (post push) web hook
- Have Leanpub automatically push files to Dropbox
- Have Dropbox synchronise PDF file to local folder
- Restart at 1
Whenever I push changes to GitHub, a new preview of the book is generated and sent to my computer. This means I get frequent and fast feedback about how the newly written text looks.
This nicely fits my working preferences and it also matches the topic of this particular book.
2 Replies to “Writing a Ruby Related book(let) on LeanPub”